Terms and conditions
- Please be aware the Slurp Wine Club is a subscription service. Once subscribed we will take a direct debit payment on or as close to the 1st of each month. You can cancel at anytime, please contact us on 01295672290 or email@example.com. On cancellation of the Curiosity Case any remaining balance will be converted into store credit. We can also refund this amount on request.On cancellation of the Credit subscription we will not take any further payments. Credit already added to your account cannot be refunded.
- Subscribe to our Curiosity Case and pay £60 each month taken on or as close to the 1st of each monthby direct debit, you will be sent a case worth at least £140 every two months. You can choose on subscription between reds, whites or mixed, this cannot then be changed each month.
- Sign up to our Credit subscription, choose the amount you would like to pay and this will be taken on or as close to the 1st of each month by direct debit. The amount will then show as a credit on your customer account which you can view on your 'My Account' page. This credit can be used at the checkout to part of fully purchase orders.
- The Curiosity Case is a selection chosen by our buyers which will change each month. The wines in each case are set and cannot be changed.
- Wine Club members will also receive an exclusive discount of at least 10% on a range of 10 wines selected each month by our buyers. Once signed up you will be able to see the discounted prices.
- Wine Club members will receive a £10 welcome credit on signing up to either subscription. This will automatically be added to your account. There is no limit to the amount of times you can subscribe.
- There are no fees to join or applicable on cancellation.
- Your subscription will continue until you tell us otherwise.
The term ‘Slurp’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 2 Riverside, Tramway Road. Banbury. OX16 5TU. Our company registration number is 10724589. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
In order to buy wine from us or use our web site you must do so according to these terms and conditions. By registering on the website or purchasing through it you are agreeing to be bound by them.
Slurp reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions by updating this page.
1 Sales and Delivery
We comply fully with our obligations under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
1.1 Delivery - Delivery is £7.95 for orders under £100. This is per daytime delivery regardless of how many cases you order. We will deliver your wine to anywhere in mainland UK. Delivery times are Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm. Most of our customers give us instructions to leave the wine in a safe place as this is by far the easiest way to ensure you get your wine on time. If it gets stolen, we will replace it free of charge (see 1.4 below). If you prefer to have the wine delivered to you in person, we will of course do so. If you are not there the driver will leave a card for you to arrange a more convenient delivery time.
1.2 Availability - Wine is a product and which is subject to vintage changes. Whilst every effort will be made to supply the vintage ordered, in certain instances we reserve the right to supply an alternative vintage provided the quality is comparable and the cost is no greater to you. This clause does not apply to fine wine purchases.
1.3 Customer satisfaction - If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact our customer services department immediately on 01295 672290.
At Slurp.co.uk, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved. We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Prices and payment
2.1 All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate, unless otherwise specified. All delivery charges are additional.
2.2 We accept payment by Switch, Delta, Electron, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
2.3 Description and price of the goods. We make every effort to ensure that prices and descriptions of goods shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. The price of the goods will be as shown on the checkout page of our website when you placed your order. We will charge you this amount. You must also pay a delivery charge for the goods as indicated on our website at the checkout page. In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
3 Age restriction
3.1 We won't sell wine to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
3.2 If you are buying a case of wine as a gift - the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
3.3 If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
3.4 Once the wine has been delivered, according to your original delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient's responsibility. This does not affect your right to a replacement case if it is stolen.
4.1 We use a secure payment server with state-of-the-art encryption and secure socket layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
4.2 It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
5.1 You may cancel your order for any reason whatsoever at any time up to 7 working days from the day after the date you receive your wine, provided all of the bottles are unopened and intact and returned to us in good condition.
5.2 In order to cancel your order you must call us on 01295 672290, notify us by email on email@example.com or in writing to Slurp.co.uk, 2 Riverside, Tramway Road, Banbury, OX16 5TU.
5.3 We shall reimburse the price of the wine within 30 days from the date you notify us of the cancellation.
6.1 If some or all of the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered you should notify us as soon as possible. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for a refund.
6.2 You must notify us of all wines, which are due to be returned for any of the reasons stated in this clause within 90 days from delivery of the wine. You can call us on 01295 672290, notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Slurp.co.uk, 2 Riverside, Tramway Road, Banbury, OX16 5TU.
6.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
7 Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this web site, and to the business of Slurp.co.uk, the structure, design and layout of the web site, the styles of the wines.
7.2 You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
7.3 All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to the Slurp.co.uk web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party's web site, without our prior written consent.
8.1 We warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
9 Limitation of liability
9.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Slurp.co.uk liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
9.2 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
i. loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
ii. loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
iii. loss or damage relates to business and/or non- consumers.
9.3 Subject to 10.1 we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
9.4 Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
i. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
ii. A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
iii. Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken
iv. Sparkling wines and champagnes can be volatile due to the build up of gasses extra care should be taken when opening these.
10 Data Protection
10.1 By providing your details to Slurp.co.uk on our web site, you consent to Slurp.co.uk maintaining, recording, holding and using the information you give Slurp.co.uk at the time of ordering to process your orders, to improve our service to you and inform you of promotions. All data is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
10.2 Slurp.co.uk Privacy Promise. We take your privacy very seriously and will not pass your details to any third party without your permission, other than where we have to do so to get your wine to you, e.g. our delivery company. From time to time, Slurp.co.uk may send information about discounts, free stuff and personalised offers on wine and champagne, including many exclusive deals, unless you have told us not to do so by ticking the 'opt out' box on our registration page or on the communications preferences section of Account Details.
10.3 If you opt-out from hearing from Slurp.co.uk or third parties, you will only be contacted by Slurp.co.uk if our terms and conditions change, but we promise to do so no more than twice a year.
11.1 We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, , fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
11.2 SLURP.CO.UK may change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will not use this right to vary the terms of any special offer that applies to you.
11.3 No contract exists between you and us until we notify you that we have accepted your order and delivered the goods. We are not obliged to accept your order.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Slurp Wine Company Limited 2 Riverside, Tramway Road
Banbury OX16 5TU
Company Registration no: 10724589
Voucher holds no cash value and is not for sale. One voucher redeemable per household. One voucher redeemable per transaction on a minimum spend of £50 or more on any wine, beer or spirits. A standard delivery charge of £3.95 or depending on delivery services chosen will apply on web orders below £100. For UK residents aged 18 or over only. Voucher expires 30 days from the date on the voucher or when the voucher was first digitally or physically published.
Slurp x i heart Wines Valentines Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- One winner will be randomly selected from all purchases of the i Heart Valentine’s Set
- The giveaway closes at midnight on the 14th February 2021
- One winner will win the following prize: £50 voucher for i Heart wines to spend at Slurp.co.uk
- Our giveaway is open to UK residents only.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
- Entries submitted after the stated closing time will not be included.
- The giveaway is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this prize draw.
- Entrants are required to purchase the i Heart Valentine's set £30.85 to qualify for entry
- There is no charge to enter this giveaway nor is there any requirement to purchase a related product, however, internet access is required.
- The winners will be contacted by email by Tuesday 16th February 2021 and will have 48hrs to respond in order to redeem their prize.
- Prize will be fulfilled by Slurp within 7 days of claiming.
- No cash alternative is available.
- Details provided will not be used by Slurp or any third parties for marketing materials, campaigns or database usage.
- By participating in this giveaway, the participant consents to the use of their name in publicity in any reasonable publicity arranged by Slurp
- Slurp promotes responsible drinking. Drinkaware recommend women and men should not regularly drink more than 14 units per week.
- Slurp reserves the right to amend/change/cancel the competition at any time. Any changes will be posted either within the giveaway information/website/media or within these terms and conditions.