Terms and conditions
Slurp Wine's Terms and Conditions were last updated on 07.11.2023.
1 Sales and Delivery
We comply fully with our obligations under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
1.1 Delivery - Delivery is £7.95 for orders under £75. This is per daytime delivery, in some instances where the order may exceed 5 boxes you may be required to pay additional delivery charges. We will deliver your wine to anywhere in mainland UK. Delivery times are Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 6.00pm, with exception of national holidays. We do offer Saturday delivery but this may be at an additional cost. This is per daytime delivery. Next day deliveries will require a signature and will not be left unattended, unless prior authorisation has been given for your order to be left with a specified neighbour (signature still required) or requested for your order to be left in a chosen safe place. Please note: If permission is given for a parcel to be left with a neighbour or in a specified safe place, the customer takes full responsibility for the parcel and refunds will not be issued if the parcel is lost or stolen. If the wine is left unattended without authorisation and gets stolen, we will replace it free of charge, however this may require further investigation and may require you to file a police report. If you are not at home the driver will attempt a 2nd delivery. After 2 failed delivery attempts, your parcel will be returned to our warehouse. For further information and some restrictions please see section 3 below.
1.2 Availability - Wine is a product which is subject to vintage changes. Whilst every effort will be made to supply the vintage ordered, in certain instances we reserve the right to supply an alternative vintage provided the quality is comparable and the cost is no greater to you. This clause does not apply to fine wine purchases.
1.3 Customer satisfaction - If you are dissatisfied with our performance in any way, please contact our customer services department immediately on 01295 672290.
At Slurp.co.uk, we aim to deal with all enquiries fairly, confidentially and quickly. We will acknowledge your contact within 24 hours. We try to resolve most issues immediately, but where this is not possible, we will keep you informed about progress until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved. We are continually improving our service, but if you have any particular ideas or suggestions about how we can improve, please send them to: email@example.com
1.4 Free Delivery when you spend £75 or more*: There are certain post codes where it is not possible for us to provide free delivery due to the difficulty we have in getting deliveries to these areas. We have however reduced the fee for these post codes. The post codes are as follows:
Delivery to NORTHERN IRELAND is also exempt.
In some cases where the order is done on a pallet or exceeds a minimum of 6 cases, you may be required to pay additional delivery charges.*
Please see our Delivery & Returns page to see our full delivery and returns policy
2 Prices and payment
2.1 All prices are quoted in pounds sterling, and may be per bottle or per case, as marked. The prices include Value Added Tax at the prevailing rate, unless otherwise specified. All delivery charges are additional.
2.2 We accept payment by PayPal, ApplePay, Switch, Delta, Electron, Visa, MasterCard and American Express. We will also be adding Clear Pay as an option for payment. ClearPay Terms and Conditions can be found further on in our Terms and Conditions (see section 15).
2.3 Description and price of the goods. We make every effort to ensure that prices and descriptions of goods shown on our website are accurate at the time you place your order. The price of the goods will be as shown on the checkout page of our website when you place your order. We will charge you this amount. You must also pay a delivery charge for the goods as indicated on our website at the checkout page. In the unlikely event that the price shown on the checkout page is wrong, and we discover this before accepting your order, we are not required to sell the goods to you at the price shown. We always try and ensure that the prices of goods shown on our website are accurate, but occasionally genuine errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods that you have ordered we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
3 Age restriction
3.1 We won't sell wine to anyone who isn't 18 years old or over. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old.
3.2 If you are buying a case of wine as a gift - the recipient must also be over 18 years old.
3.3 If our couriers are in any doubt about the age of the recipient on delivery, they will request some form of ID. If the person receiving the wine is unable to produce appropriate ID, unfortunately our couriers will be unable to leave the wine.
3.4 Once the wine has been delivered, according to your original delivery instructions, it becomes the recipient's responsibility. This does not affect your right to a replacement case if it is stolen. In some rare instances an investigation may occur and a police report may be required.
4.1 We use a secure payment server with state-of-the-art encryption and secure socket layer (SSL) technology for the transfer of credit card information. Additionally, we have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally.
4.2 It is your responsibility to protect your password from being disclosed to any third party.
5.1 You may cancel your order for any reason as long as the order has not yet been dispatched or is within 7 working days from the day after the date you receive your wine, provided all of the bottles are unopened and intact and returned to us in good condition. If you change your mind and want to return your order, we will arrange a collection that may cost £7.95, your order will be refunded once the collection has been received back at our warehouse.
5.2 In order to cancel your order you must call us on 01295 672290, notify us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Slurp.co.uk, Slurp Unit 3, Arrow Park, Brackley, NN13 7FG.
5.3 We shall reimburse the price of the wine within 30 days from the date you notify us of the cancellation.
6.1 If some or all of the bottles of wine in a case are broken or spoiled when they are delivered you should notify us within 5 days of receipt of the order. You may choose either to return the whole case or just the affected bottles for a refund.
6.2 You must notify us of all wines, which are due to be returned for any of the reasons stated in this clause within 30 days from delivery of the wine. You can call us on 01295 672290, notify us by email on email@example.com or in writing to Slurp.co.uk, Slurp Unit 3, Arrow Park, Brackley, NN13 7FG.
6.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. Further information about your rights is available from your Local Authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen's Advice Bureau.
7 Intellectual Property Rights
7.1 You agree and acknowledge that we own or are licensed to use all copyright, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and to all parts of this website, and to the business of Slurp.co.uk, the structure, design and layout of the web site, the styles of the wines.
7.2 You are entitled to use our web site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions only. You must obtain our prior written consent before you use our web site or any part of it in any other manner.
7.3 All persons, individual and corporate, are prohibited from providing hypertext or other links to the Slurp.co.uk web site, other than to our home page, from their own web site or from a third party's website, without our prior written consent.
8.1 We warrant that the wines will be of satisfactory quality and fit for their general purpose.
9 Limitation of liability
9.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude Slurp.co.uk liability for personal injury or death caused by its negligence.
9.2 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- loss or damage was not foreseeable to both parties when the contract was formed;
- loss or damage was not caused by any breach on the part of the supplier;
iii. loss or damage relates to business and/or non- consumers.
9.3 Subject to 10.1 we will not be liable for loss or damage caused by the customer handling the wine. In particular we will not be liable for spillages or breakages.
9.4 Customers should also be aware of the following inherent risks and warnings:
- Alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
- A case of wine is heavy so extra care should be taken when lifting it. If you are concerned about the weight we advise that you transfer the bottles 1 or 2 at a time.
iii. Red wine in particular may cause staining if spilt so extra care should be taken
- Sparkling wines and Champagnes can be volatile due to the build up of gases. Extra care should be taken when opening these.
10 Data Protection
10.1 By providing your details to Slurp.co.uk on our website, you consent to Slurp.co.uk maintaining, recording, holding and using the information you give Slurp.co.uk at the time of ordering to process your orders, to improve our service to you and inform you of promotions. All data is collected lawfully and maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
10.3 If you have not opted in from hearing from Slurp.co.uk or third parties or you have opted out, you will only be contacted by Slurp.co.uk if our terms and conditions change or in order to process your order, but we promise to do so no more than twice a year.
11.1 We shall not be liable for any delay in delivering your wine if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our control such as, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, , fire, flood, storm or Act of God, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider in connection with the performance of this Agreement.
11.2 SLURP.CO.UK may change or add to these terms and conditions for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will not use this right to vary the terms of any special offer that applies to you.
11.3 No contract exists between you and us until we notify you that we have accepted your order and delivered the goods. We are not obliged to accept your order. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Slurp Wine Company Limited 2 Riverside, Tramway Road
Banbury OX16 5TU
Company Registration no: 10724589
12.1 Standard terms. One voucher redeemable per transaction.
12.2 First order voucher: Voucher holds no cash value and is not for sale. One voucher redeemable per household. One voucher redeemable per transaction on a minimum spend of £50 or more on any wine, beer or spirits. A standard delivery charge of £7.95 or depending on delivery services chosen will apply on web orders below £75. For UK residents aged 18 or over only. Voucher expires 45 days from the date on the voucher or when the voucher was first digitally or physically published.
12.3 New subscriber voucher: Voucher will be sent the first time a new subscriber signs up to our newsletter only. This is for new subscribers only, who have never shopped with Slurp before. Voucher holds no cash value and is not for sale. One voucher redeemable per household. One voucher redeemable per transaction on a minimum spend of £50 or more on any wine, beer or spirits. A standard delivery charge of £7.95 or depending on delivery services chosen will apply on web orders below £75. For UK residents aged 18 or over only. Voucher expires 7 days from the date on the voucher or when the voucher was first digitally published.
12.4 Free bottle of Mionetto Prosecco Rosé voucher: Voucher holds no cash value and is not for sale. One voucher redeemable per customer. One voucher redeemable per transaction on a minimum spend of £60 or more on any wine, beer or spirits. A standard delivery charge of £7.95 or depending on delivery services chosen will apply on web orders below £75. For UK residents aged 18 or over only. We reserve the right to expire or cancel the voucher at any time.
13 Gift Cards
13.1 Gift cards once purchased cannot be redeemed for cash.
13.2 Gift cards are valid for one year from the date of issuance and the full amount or any remaining balance left on a card at the end of one year from issuance will expire unless otherwise agreed or stated.
13.3 We will make every effort to inform you of an upcoming expiring date so that you may make use of the balance on the card prior to it expiring.
14 The Slurp Rewards Club
14.1 Eligibility: Most customers will be eligible to participate in our rewards program. However, there are a few exclusions.
- Any account that qualifies as part of our company (or our family of companies) for an employee account or a 'Friends and Family' account, they are not eligible to participate in The Slurp Rewards Club.
- Businesses or orders placed on behalf of businesses are not eligible to earn rewards. Slurp reserves the right to remove points earned or refuse the redemption of points at any time on an individual's account if it suspects the points are on behalf of a business.
- Corporate orders or multiple-destination orders are not able to earn or redeem points through the rewards program.
- The Slurp Rewards Club is for individual consumers that shop with Slurp for personal consumption.
- All members of the scheme must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or over. Participation in the program is acceptance of Slurp's terms and conditions.
- All members must have a Slurp account and accept the right to be contacted. If at any time a member removes the right to be marketed to or wishes to delete their account, the points earned will expire upon the immediate cancellation of the account. Unused points are not transferable.
14.2 Points deductions/ exclusions on earning points and rewards –
- If a purchase is refunded or partially refunded Slurp can deduct points from a member's account.
- Any participation in promotional offers above and beyond what could objectively be considered consumer behaviour or personal use may be considered as abuse of the scheme.
- Points will be rewarded for the purchaser of a gift card. However, if a gift card is used to make a purchase as a form of payment points earned for the use of the gift card will not be rewarded.
- Slurp reserves the right to not award points at any time and at its own discretion.
- Points have no monetary value.
- Points cannot be transferred to any one else or any other third party.
14.3 Point redemptions and expiration –
- Rewards that are earned are not able to be redeemed for cash at any time.
- If points are redeemed for a product and the product is returned, points may be added back to the accounts but a cash refund will not be permitted.
- Points will expire after 12 months from when they are granted.
- Gift Cards that are used to make purchases will not be eligible to earn rewards. This is because the original purchaser of the gift card was awarded points at the time of purchase.
- Where the redemption of a coupon is subject to a minimum spending requirement, the redemption is only permitted in respect of the purchase of qualifying products which will be communicated to you at the time of issue of the coupon. Excluded products and services will not count towards a minimum spend requirement.
- If at any time a member removes the right to be marketed to or wishes to delete their account, Slurp Rewards Club reserves the right to expire any earned points or unredeemed points upon the immediate cancellation of the account or the withdrawal of the right to contact. Unused points are not transferable.
- One Rewards Club voucher redeemable per transaction. Rewards Club vouchers have no cash value.
14.4 Free shipping reward – A minimum spend of £50 is required when using the 'free shipping' reward.
14.5 Slurp reserves the right to change or end The Slurp Reward Club scheme at any time.
15.1 What is ClearPay – Clearpay is a payment option that Slurp offers. It allows eligible customers to split the cost of your order into 4 instalments, due every two weeks. The exact date and amounts due will be displayed for you to agree before you place your order. If you choose to pay using Clearpay, please remember to spend responsibly – sometimes, delaying or splitting up payments might not always be the best option. We want you to shop with confidence, so we’ve provided all the info you need below.
- You’ll be asked to pay the first of 4 instalments once you’re logged into the Clearpay Portal at checkout.
- Instalments 2, 3 and 4 will automatically be collected from the debit or credit card you selected at checkout every 2 weeks.
- You'll receive a reminder from Clearpay 2 days before each instalment is collected.
- If you’d like to make payments before they are due, you can log into your Clearpay account to make your payments early. Clearpay will then adjust the amount owed.
15.2 Customer eligibility for ClearPay – In order to be eligible to use ClearPay a customer must meet the following criteria:
- Customers must be over the age of 18.
- Customers must have a billing and delivery address registered in the UK
- Customers must have a valid and verifiable email address and phone number
- Customers must have a UK bank payment card - Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit Card
- Customers must be capable of entering into a legally binding contract
- Customers must have a verifiable and valid ID
15.3 Orders that are eligible for ClearPay – Not all orders are eligible for ClearPay. In order to purchase using ClearPay the order must be between £50 - £1000. Gift cards are eligible to be purchased using ClearPay.
15.4 To see all of Clearpay's terms of service, please click here.
Terms and conditions for the Springbank Lottery allocation:
1. By entering the Springbank Lottery you are agreeing to these lottery terms and conditions.
2. The lottery is being run by Slurp Wine Limited Company.
Eligibility to enter
3. Entrants must be over 18 years of age (employees of Slurp or related companies are not eligible).
5. The entrants must live in the UK as we are not able to ship outside of the UK.
6. In entering the lottery, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to purchase the limited-allocation Springbank Whisky of your choice, should you be selected, at the full retail value. No special pricing or FF discounts will be applied.
7. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted per Whisky, should the same entrant be selected for multiple whiskies, they will be permitted to select a maximum of two bottles in total to purchase.
8. The lottery is free to enter.
9. We reserve the right to disqualify you if you fail our verification checks or we reasonably believe that you have: (i) breached any of the promotion terms; (ii) cheated or jeopardised the operation or integrity of the promotion; or (iii) gained an unfair advantage or won using fraudulent, dishonest, or unfair methods.
How to enter
How to enter your interest you must complete the following:
10. You must register for the lottery by the 8th of October 2023. Entries after that date will not be eligible to participate.
11. To enter the entrants must have a www.slurp.co.uk account, subscribe to our newsletter and be part of The Slurp Rewards Club. If you do not subscribe to our newsletter you can signup via our website:
12. Slurp Wines will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
13. You must submit your own entry. Bulk, group or third party entries will not be accepted. Entries submitted using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that enable a person to enter repeatedly will not be accepted.
14. The lottery will be held on the 10th of October 2023. If selected at random, the selected entrant will be contacted with the option to purchase the selected Springbank Whisky they have been drawn for.
15. Slurp Wine's use of the Springbank brands as part of a lottery does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
16. The entrants selected for the right to purchase their whisky of choice will be drawn at random.
17. The right to purchase is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
18. Once contacted via email - the entrants will have 24 hours to make payment otherwise the chance to purchase will be forfeit and another entrant will be selected in their place until such time that the whisky is purchased.
19. The first selection of entrants will be notified on 10th of October 2023 via the email provided related to the customer account and subscription.
20. Slurp Wines will attempt to contact the winner by email one time.
21. If the selected entrant does not respond to the email notifying them of their opportunity to purchase within 24 hours stating they will purchase, they will lose their right to purchase the allocated product, and Slurp Wines reserves the right to choose and notify a new entrant.
Receipt of the whisky
22. Please allow 3 days for delivery of the whisky once purchased.
23. As the bottles are labelled on-site in Campbeltown, there can be minor imperfections on the labels. Although we of course try our best to minimise any imperfections on labels, we cannot absolutely guarantee this.
Data protection and publicity
24. You consent to all other of Slurp Wine's terms and conditions, for the purposes of administering the lottery, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
25. Slurp Wines reserves the right to cancel the lottery or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.
26. The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Terms and conditions for the Slurp Christmas Tasting competition
• The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Slurp Wine Company Ltd and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation. Entrants may only enter once during any single promotion window. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible to win.
• The promotion closes at 11.59pm on 12th November 2023. The winner will be contacted only once the competition has closed and will be selected at random. Only entries made before 12th November 2023 will be valid and entered into the prize draw. The winner will be selected by means of a random draw of all valid entries made during the promotion window.
• There will be one winner and they will be contacted via their entry email address once the competition has ended, within 7 days of the end of the draw . The winner must respond to the winner’s notification email within 3 days or an alternative winner will be chosen. The winner will be required to provide Slurp Wine Company Ltd with relevant information including their name, email address, address and phone number in order for the prize to be fulfilled.
• The main prize winner will be gifted 4 tickets to our Slurp Christmas Wine Tasting Event at London Canal Museum, 12/13 New Wharf Road, London, N1 9RT between 6pm and 9pm .
• The prize will be emailed to the winner.
• There is no cash alternative to the prize, it is non-transferrable and not permitted to be sold onto any other person. Slurp Wine Company Ltd. reserves the right to offer prizes of equal or greater value. Responsibility cannot be accepted for lost or mislaid entries or prizes.
• Travel costs to the event are not included.
• The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
• The decision made by Slurp Wine Company Ltd. is final. The promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
• Slurp Wine Company Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
• The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.